If you belong to a school using social network accounts to log into ToKToL, you'll learn here how to sign up and log in. If your school uses an LMS like AskNLearn or MCOnline or if you are an individual user, go to the separate for your situation.
- To join as a member of a school subscribing to ToKToL, get an invitation email from ToKToL. Normally, your school has provided for this, but contact us at email@example.com or here if you have not yet received an invitation email.
Follow the link on the invitation email. This is important! If you create a private email account (which may happen if you don't follow the link in the email), your ToKToL account will not be linked to your school and you will not be able to see assignments created for you by your teachers.
- Make sure that you are using a modern browser (like Chrome). If clicking on the link directs you to an older browser (like Internet Explorer 8), copy and paste the link from the email into a modern browser.
The link should bring you to a ToKToL page with buttons for social networks - click one and sign into your social network account. Be sure to remember which account you use. You will need to use the same account each time you log into ToKToL subsequently.
You will then get to the ToKToL registration page.
- Check that the page shows that your account will be associated with your school ("Test Organization" in the image below).
- Fill in the empty fields and confirm the data that might already be filled in for you. You may not be able to edit the pre-filled data - contact us if you feel the data is wrong and we will confirm with your teachers.
- If you are a teacher, you will also see a field 'Official name'. This is the name that students will see in assignment notifications and assignment information.
- You will need to wait a brief while and then will see the 'Learn' page which is where you can create quizzes and see quizzes assigned to you. For more on this, see the separate how-to guide.
Once you have created an account, you can just click on the correct social network button on the ToKToL homepage. If you are already signed into your social network account, you will be directed to your 'Learn' page right away - otherwise you will be asked to sign in again.
If you have trouble remembering which account you had used, go to the account retrieval page. Type in your email address (try several of them if needed). If we recognise it, we will send you an email with sign-in information.
You may have accidentally created several accounts - in this case you may need to try several different email addresses.